Tuscarawas SWCD educational programs promote the conservation and protection of our many natural resources by using activities such as:
* Emphasis is placed on soil, water, ecosystems, wildlife, and forestry in these activities.
Presentations for Classroom and Youth Organizations
- Dirt Made My Lunch, Grades K-5
- Butterflies: Monarchs, Grades PreK-Adult
- Native Ohio Animals, Grades PreK-5
- Frogs/Toads; What is the difference?, Grades PreK-5
- Macroinvertebrates, Grades 4-12
- Groundwater Model, Grades 4-12
- Streamulator, Grades 4-12
- Non-point Source Pollution Enviroscape, Grades PreK-Adult
- Wastewater Treatment Enviroscape, Grades 4-12
- Haz Mat Enviroscape, Grades 3-12
- Bats PreK to adults
- Bug Butts PreK-5
- Weathering and Erosion; Rock 'n Shakes, Grades 3-6
- The Rock Cycle, Grades K-5
- School Wide Assemblies Elementary
- Staff trained in Project WILD, WET, Project Learning Tree, Food Land and People Curriculum's
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can the SWCD staff come to my classroom more than once a year?
- Can daylong sessions be scheduled to include several classes?
- Can programs be scheduled to allow more than one day?
- Will all programs be free?
- If sufficient time is given, may I special order a specific presentation that may not already be prepared?
- May I join in during presentations when certain elements directly relate to the classroom curriculum?
- If I have questions, may I call the SWCD office for answers?
The answer is YES!
For more information about presentations in the classroom, click HERE to download a brochure.